This month we are reading The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri. Have you read it? Tell us what you think. Love it? Hate it?
Here are some discussion questions to get you started:
- Are you a fan of your own name? Has there been a time in your life when you weren’t?
- If you were to name your child after any literary figure in history, who would it be? Bonus points if you’ve already done so.
- How much do you think someone’s own name affects them as they grow up?
- Did you grow up with a pet name? A nickname? What was it?
- Books allow you to, as Ashoke’s grandfather says “travel without moving an inch.” Why travel when you can borrow books for free from the library?
- What are you favourite short stories and how have they influenced you?
You can contribute your thoughts and comments anonymously, or we’d love to give you a shout-out during the podcast. We are after all, the most flexible book club in town!