Tell us your thoughts on Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides!
Or answer our discussion questions:
- What word or term do you think sums up what this book is about?
- What “complicated hybrid emotion” would you want to create a word for?
- What does the book as a whole say about the concept of love? Do we choose love or is love chosen by us?
- Middlesex refers quite a bit to fortune telling, soothsaying, and superstitions. Do any such rituals or beliefs play a role in your own life?
- Why is Cal’s brother called Chapter 11?
- What do you think of Cal as narrator? Even from within his primordial egg? Did you find the book’s narrative style helpful or confusing?